Tuesday 10 May 2016

The reason for my success. Is it because I am "prescribed a range of steroids, including prednisolone .. to manage (my) Type 1 diabetes"?


Canberra's medical investigators may have stumbled on the reason why I have been so successful at managing Type 1 diabetes.
Certainly I am pleased with my results of late. Recently running 5km in 20 minutes and 20 seconds is faster than I have run since I was 19. That was 37 years ago. ( 76% for Parkrunners)
That equates to a VO2max of nearly 50, which is an excellent prognostic factor.
How have I improved this much?
Those Canberra doctors have suggested that I use a range of steroid, including prednisolone, hydrocortisone and fludrocortisone to manage my Type 1 diabetes.

No, this is not a mistake. Those doctors were given ample opportunity to amend or retract this statement, but chose to repeat it.

In any case, why would I self-prescribe medications that are essential for me to stay alive? It would only be necessary for me to do that if my own doctor had NOT prescribed them. In which case it is my doctor who should be investigated, not me.

And what was the evidence I self-prescribed? Allegedly it is in my blog. Huh? Read for yourself. My blog says no such thing, and I promise I have not deleted anything on this.

Clearly this is a vexatious action by Canberra doctors who are desperate to discredit anyone who claims success from LCHF, or any other alternative approach, to diabetes.