Sunday 14 February 2016

DAFNE? Not for this diabetes legend!

There aren't many people in the world who have lived with Type 1 diabetes for 70 years. Winsome Johnston is one. What she does is no secret. She is happy to tell people that she rejects normal eating with its accompanying excessive insulin doses. Here are her words:
".. do all the right things and not eat the wrong things."
"..it's sometimes hard if you go to parties..But I think if you always tell the person whose having a party that there are certain things you can't eat, then it makes it a lot easier."

She rejects eating what her healthy friends eat.
Doctors may tell you that other approaches are possible, but they can't point to even a single person who has used a DAFNE type strategy for 70 years and done well.

winsome pic here

related post on Bob Krause

To those readers who call my stories on Winsome and Bob selective information presentation, please forward me details of any or all similar Type 1s who have done as well by eating a population average amount and type of carbs as part of a low fat diet, and I will gladly include them here.
I have been unable to find any myself in my online sampling.